Now, this is quite a complicated tale so I'll try not to confuse you. Seth Apter is not only an artist but has given hundreds of artists a platform to showcase their work, and to voice their thoughts about their art. His blog The Altered Page is a treasure among blogs. At the moment Seth has a new book called The Pulse of Mixed Media: Secrets and Passions of 100 Artists Revealed.
Every day in March Seth featured one of the artists in the book, and every day since then has featured another set of artists. Many of these artists had copies of Seth's book to give away, but I already had an e copy on my iPad, and also a hard copy coming (when Australia Post gets around to it), so I wasn't after the book. Visiting so many new (to me) artists was an eye opener and I really enjoyed getting an insight into the way different people interpret art, what they believe in and how they work. I left lots of comments and received lots of replies. Thanks Seth, for a great experience.
However, Jill Zaheer was giving away Seth's painting, on her blog JazWorks. I was just amazed when Jill emailed to tell me Seth had chosen my number (comment 28) and that I'd won the painting. I've been a fan of Seth's for years so I have to say I was pretty chuffed! Jill's blog is colourful and joyous, as you can see from her header. Thank you so much Jill, for the painting, which I will treasure, but also for your emails which have been delightful.
Now for Dave. For those who are enjoying my app art, you may thank Dave. On the other hand, if you find it's getting a bit expensive buying all these new apps, go ahead - blame Dave! Actually it was Seth who sent me to Dave's blog, Clearer Reflections, so you see, there is some interconnectedness in this post. I've pinched this next bit from Dave's blog but he explains far more clearly than I do, so here goes:
Just a quick announcement! The April 2012 edition of "Dave's App Recipe Book" will be taking place in a couple of weeks... this month's happening is Wednesday, April 25th. (Normally, these take place on the third Wednesday of the month...but I'll be out of town on the 17th!)
Everyone is invited to join in the fun. Here's how. All you have to do is:
1. Capture an image using an "idevice" camera app, digital camera, or analog camera (If you've used your digital or analog camera, you will then have to import this image into your iPhone, iPad, or Droid device.
2. Build an image using in-device apps. You can use as few as one app or as many as you like. (Even the Instagram filters will work!) You can use any app(s) you chose...and any theme you want. Oh...no "shopping" allowed!
3. One April 25th...post on your blog, website, or Flickr site your image as well as the "recipe" where you tell everyone how you create your wonderful pic.
4. Make sure to send me an email at clearer firstname.lastname@example.org with the link to your posting and I'll include it in the Recipe Book.
5. If you have any questions, please send me an email!
This is a great chance to share your images and knowledge with everyone. So I hope you will join in!"
Dave puts up a photo a day, and I'm trying to do it most days. It really is a lot of fun, though my biggest problem is remembering which apps I've used because I get carried away and zap from one to another. Is that called App Zapping? Here's a quickie: Basil thinking about food. That's what beagles think about most. Taken with PaperCamera.